Thursday, March 23, 2006

MacIntel

Until now I almost never spoke about Intel Macs here. My feelings were twofold. The long time Mac user in me told me that using Intel processors was no good. The unix geek told me that many benefits could come.

Of course we know that IBM was not going to invest on G5 anymore. Apple had to switch. And I bought my first MacIntel. Good.

Fast is fast. The perceived speed against my Powebook G4 is astonishing. Applications load instantaneously: compilation is much faster (unfortunately I can't compare this against a G5 iMac, so this is pointless).

Rosetta is fast enought to run Neverwinter Nights smoothly. Of course the game is quite old, but it's a full 3d game. In fact I didn't expect this to work. Moreover it means that NWN wasn't G4 optimized...

Still I miss some utilities. I'm lost without WindowShade X. About the rest this is a wonderful machine. Go on with more tests.

No comments: