Friday, October 22, 2010

Asus Survey

I own an ASUS netbook and I am quite satisfied. I also wrote about specific problems related to performance and Java and RAM and those things you should be supposed to do with a netbook but are painstakingly slow. However, things improved since I bought 2 GB of RAM.

Anyway... I'm a rather satisfied ASUS customer and I received a survey request.

"""Thank you for registering your Asus product. We are holding our 2010 Asus laptop current usage survey."""

So I decided to do the survey. Ok... I start answering all the questions; then I tried to submit the whole thing.

The system does not allow me to send the survey if all the questions weren't answered. Which is idiotic: I did not fill in some question on purpose. I did not want to answer or I did not know how to answer. But I have to provide an answer nonetheless. And of course, that is a fucking random answer.

For example, they insist asking me questions on how I would like my next touch sensitive ASUS laptop when I just answered I do not want any bloody touch screen and touch whatever laptop. I have an iPad for that. And they keep asking where would I use the laptop I told them I would not buy. WTF!

At the end, after giving some random answers (if your analysts and web designers can't do their job and you get answers without value, the problem is yours, not mine), the survey could not be submitted without providing my personal details. And I'm not seeing the point.

I am doing you a favor ASUS. You don't have to bother me this way: no survey from me at this conditions. Of course, ASUS can do well without my survey. But I think I'm not the only one with position similar to this. By the way, I considered the idea of filling the survey because I'm a satisfied customer. I was more than willing to spend time to answer properly and reflect on the answers. Instead, the survey really annoyed me.

No comments: