Saturday, December 16, 2006

Compilers: Principles, Techniques & Tool (Dragonbook)

A couple of days ago it arrived my own copy of "Compilers: Principles, Techniques & Tool" by Aho, Lam, Sethi and Ullman, better known as the "Dragonbook" (look at the cover to understand why). This weekend I am starting reading the 992 page long book. Actually I find it well written and very clear, even though I'm at the beginning of the book.

I suspect things will get more complicated while proceeding further. However, I find the subject dramatically interesting. I hope to find enough time to read it quickly and eventually start implementing something. Some ideas contained in the book I suppose will be of great help for my thesis (in fact I'm implementing something that is closely related to a compiler).

No comments: