Monday, March 26, 2018

A story of excellency in customer support

This is not one of the usual subject (and I really like the time to write about that), but this is a story that needs to be shared because good work should be praised.

I was in the market for a new camera-bag. I decided in favor of the ThinkTank Trifecta 10 for a number of reasons that do not matter too much here. Price was not really a factor: even though the other shortlisted bags were essentially twice as expensive, it simply was a matter of having the right features and the right feeling/handling.

The only issue I found with the bag is that it has a limited number of internal dividers. The bag was designed with a different setup in mind (one or two bigger cameras and three relatively big lenses, while I have a medium to small camera with several small lenses -- and one medium to big lens), and the number of dividers is appropriate for that, but a bit limited for me. I still decided to buy the bag because I considered I could overcome the limitations with a limited amount of DIY, in case I could not get the additional dividers.

The additional dividers are not on sale separately, so I wrote to the ThinkTank customer support asking how I could get the dividers. The first working day after I sent the email, I got an answer that was basically saying "if you give us your address we are going to send them free of charge with the expedition at our expenses". Which was the best possible answer I could think of.

Now the dividers arrived. Awesome.

Additionally, the delivery options they chose must have been pretty fast considering they were sending over to Europe. Really outstanding.

No comments: