Sunday, May 23, 2010

Back in Black 2

Some things happened in the last two years. Two more Pycon Italia took place in Florence.
I completed a M.Sc. in Computer Science (in 2 years and 2 months, research dissertation included, which is something rare in my former). Two days after I graduated, I won a scholarship to attend a Ph.D. Course in Information Technology here in Parma, in the Dipartment of Computer Engineering.

This blog "re-edition" is kind of an experiment. Don't know if I have the time to write regularly here, nor if I like this platform. Essentially, I would have preferred a least web oriented platform (that is to say, writing posts offline). Blogspot should support this (I did import some of my old posts this way). Howerver, it seems that all of them can be imported. I don't really know why.

I also tried to write my own blog platform. Lack of motivation doomed this projects to failure. Moreover, I would need a rather costly high quality hosting which, by now, is an overkill as I can place massive amounts of data both on mobile me (public.me.com/enricofranchi) and on Dropbox.

I considered mobileme as a host, however, I would have limited choices on the platform (static HTML only). Rapidweaver/iWeb are not my cup of tea, either.

Thus, I chose an online blogging platform. As I already have lots of stuff with Google and I severly dislike Wordpress, I moved the whole thing here.

No comments: