Saturday, April 8, 2006

Autoconf automake & libtool on MacOS X

I have just finished my first autotools project on the MacOS. Until today I deployed software only in Python or Java. I already worked on C and C++ projects that used libtool and automake and autoconf, but I had not to write the configure scripts myself or I developed them on GNU/Linux.

In fact I'm afraid most of the problems I encountered was MacOS X fault + my ignorance. That is to say libtoolize does not exist: it is called glibtoolize. So if I do not rename it, autoreconf simply does not work.

Probably I just had to set the LIBTOOLIZE environment variable to glibtoolize. However my solution works. The error I got was

Can't exec "libtoolize": No such file or directory at /opt/local/share/autoconf/Autom4te/FileUtils.pm line 288, <GEN3> line 3.

autoreconf: failed to run libtoolize: No such file or directory

Well... I've to fine tune it. I go.

No comments: